Immigration Advising

We want to help make your entry into the United States and maintenance of your student status as easy as possible. CELOP has a Foreign Student Advisor to assist you with visa and immigration services and support.

Immigration & Visa Information

Visit the Immigration & Visas section of our website for more information about:

  • F-1 student visa requirements.

  • How to prepare for your visa interview.

  • What to do if your visa request is denied.

  • B1/B2 tourist visa information.


Frequently Asked Questions

If you have an F-1 visa, you must:

  • study full time (at least 20 hours per week).
  • maintain academic progress.
  • have satisfactory attendance.
  • have a valid I-20.

If you have any problems with these requirements or another visa type, please contact the Foreign Student Advisor about maintaining your status.

If you are currently studying in another school or institution in the U.S., it’s easy to transfer to CELOP. To transfer to CELOP, you must first submit an application:

After your application is submitted and completed, we will email you a Transfer Report with instructions on how to complete your transfer.

If you are a current CELOP students and you are leaving the U.S. for a short time, you will need a valid travel signature on the third page of your I-20 (or on your DS-2019 if you have a J-1 visa) to re-enter the U.S.

Please contact the Foreign Student Advisor to receive this signature.

If you are currently enrolled at CELOP and would like to transfer to another school in the U.S., you must complete the CELOP Transfer Out Form and give the documents listed below to the Foreign Student Advisor:

  • Completed CELOP Transfer Out Form.
  • Letter of acceptance from your new school.
  • Copies of:
    • Your most current I-20 (all pages)
    • I-94
    • Passport biographical page
    • Visa
  • Completed Transfer-In Form from your new school (students complete the first section, then CELOP completes the second section).