Part Time Programs
Spring 2015 Program Dates
|Check-in:||January 21, 2015|
|Placement Test:||January 21, 2015|
|First day of class:||January 28, 2015|
|Last day of class:||April 24, 2015|
- EN081 part-time program meets:
- Twice per week (Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday)
- From 1:30pm – 3:50pm (5 hours/week)
- EN082 part-time program meets:
- Four times per week (Monday – Thursday)
- From 1:30pm – 3:50pm (10 hours/week)
- $1,250 Tuition fee per course.
- $60 Application fee. This fee is non-refundable and a non-transferable.
- $40 Registration fee.
All tuition and fees must be paid in full by the first day class. There are NO refunds for part time classes after class has started. All new students are required to take an English Placement Exam to determine their level of English.
Click each section below to read about our part-time student policies, requirements,
and application instructions.
Part Time Student Policies
To apply to study at CELOP, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must be a high school (secondary school) graduate.
B1/B2 Visa Holders
- Visitors in B-1/B-2 status may take a class that is considered short-term and recreational in nature (e.g., one English language class or a sports or music class)
- Therefore, you can take only one English class at CELOP with a B-1/B-2 visa. You cannot continue at CELOP after that course is finished unless you have an F-1 status visa.
- If you are already in the United States on a B-1 or B-2 visa, you will have to apply for a change of status before you can study full-time at CELOP. This can be a long process, and, in many cases, you may be required to return to your home country to get your F-1 Student visa.
- Please contact our Foreign Student Advisor to schedule an appointment to discuss your immigration status.
- Tuition and fees can be paid by credit card online through the Student Link or in person at BU Student Accounting Services.
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full by the first day class.
Course Changes and Cancellations
- If CELOP changes or cancels your course, you will be notified and given the option to select another course or receive a full tuition refund.
Refunds & Withdrawals
- If you choose to cancel your application before the first day of class, you will receive a tuition refund. There are NO refunds for part time classes after class has started.
- If, after attending one class, you decide it is not appropriate for your needs, you may request a change to another course in the same semester. No tuition refunds will be given.
- You may not change your course after the second class has taken place.
- All new CELOP students are required to take a placement test to determine their level of English ability.
- If you are a current CELOP student, you may select to waive the placement test.
- If you do not place into your chosen course(s), you will have the option of selecting a different course or receiving a full tuition refund.
Books & Supplies
- Most classes will work from a textbook or books, which students can purchase at the Boston University Barnes & Noble in Kenmore Square.
- The cost of books is not included in course tuition.
- In case of snow and other emergencies, please call Boston University’s Snow and Emergency Closings Hotline at 617-353-SNOW (7669) to find out if you should come to class.
Part Time Student Requirements
- Please provide a copy of your passport and all immigration travel documents (I-20, DS-2019, Green Card, etc.). These can be uploaded with your application.
- All international students (F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2) at Boston University are automatically enrolled in the Boston University Student BASIC Medical Insurance Plan and their student accounts are charged for the coverage. If the student has a comparable level of health insurance coverage, a Medical Insurance Waiver may be completed to waive participation in the plan. Please submit your insurance waiver request using the Student Link. Complete and submit the form by January 23, 2015.
- All Boston University students are required to have medical insurance and are automatically enrolled in the Boston University Student BASIC Plan. Medical insurance plan charges will be charged to your account. The Boston University Student BASIC Plan can be waived (declined) in only very few cases. If the student has a comparable level of health insurance coverage, a Medical Insurance Waiver may be completed to waive participation in the plan. Please submit your insurance waiver request using the Student Link. Complete and submit the form by January 23, 2015. For more information about waiving the BU Student Health Insurance, please read our Health and Medical page.
- All students must enter their emergency phone number into their Student Link Account. Please contact us if you have questions about how to do this.
Part Time Student Application Instructions
Step 1. LOGIN to Application Homepage
- If you already have a BUID, do NOT create a new account
- Use your BU Login name and Kerberos Password
- If you do NOT have a BUID & Web Account, you must create a new account.
- You will receive an email to verify your web account and to continue your application. Follow the instructions
Step 2. Start a New Application
- Select the semester you are applying for
- If you do not see your desired semester, do NOT start an application for a different semester
Step 3. Supporting Documents – All immigration documents
- I-94 Copy (Front & Back)