Immigration and Visas

Visa Requirements

Boston University CELOP is authorized to issue I-20 Certificates of Eligibility for F-1 visa interviews.

We want to help make your arrival to the United States and maintenance of your student visa status as easy as possible. Almost all students entering the United States to study at CELOP are required to have an F-1 student visa. You cannot register for full-time study at CELOP without an appropriate visa. All students applying for an F-1 student visa will also be required to pay a separate SEVIS fee. According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP):

F-1 Visa students can only arrive (into the United States)
no earlier than 30 days from the official start of their program.

The official start to any CELOP program is the first day of class. Please refer to the CBP website for more information about arrival procedures. If you have any questions about immigration or visas, please contact CELOP’s Foreign Student Advisor.


Click Here to Apply Today!