CELOP Alumni: Where Are They Now? Lander Santos de Oliveira, Brazil

in Highlight
May 10th, 2018

CELOP Alumnus Lander Santos de Oliveira.

1. What is your name?

Lander Santos de Oliveira

1. Where are you from?

Brazil

1. Where do you live now?

Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil

1. When and for how long did you study at CELOP?

From September 2013 to December 2013

1. Why did you choose CELOP? 

Actually, the Brazilian government institution that funded us assigned the students to the universities.

1. What were some of the things you liked most about CELOP? Do you have a favorite memory? 

The close interaction with professors and students. They were always willing to provide the most productive hours of knowledge, even during “recreational” events.
My favorite memories are the visit to Woods Hole and the food days at CELOP, in which we could try different food from different cultures.

1. In what ways did CELOP help you prepare for what you are doing now? 

The respect for different cultures, the English language, team work, public presentation skills

1. Where did you attend college for your undergraduate degree? What was your major and when did you graduate? 

Since I was part of a program in which the students could learn the language first and then take courses within my major, I started studying Biotechnology in Brazil in 2011. In September 2013 I started studying at CELOP and in January 2014 I took some courses at the BU Medical Dept. In 2015 I finished my major in Brazil.

1. Where are you working/studying now?

I currently work at Dow Agrosciences

1. Tell us about what you want to do in the future. What is your dream job?

In the future I would love to work in the USA in a job that challenges me every day, preferably in the same field I currently work in.

1. What was your favorite thing to do in Boston? 

Run along the Charles River.

1. What was your favorite restaurant in Boston? 

Anchovies.

1. What would you tell someone who is thinking about studying at CELOP but is unsure? 

You cannot go wrong choosing this school. You will certainly achieve your goals at CELOP thanks to the supportive teachers, advisors and administrative team. CELOP will offer everything you need to succeed. Moreover, Boston is a fascinating city, offering lots of cozy places, friendly people, sightseeing and the most beautiful skyline you will ever see.