How to plan an event
For the best possible experience, we suggest you contact the Catering office four to six weeks prior to your gathering or celebration. When you do, we’ll be asking for the following information:
- Departmental contact name, department, phone number, email
- On-site contact information, including phone number, for day of event questions
- Date and time of event
- Start and end time of event
- Location: room number, rain location (if applicable), and back-of-house location for catering
- Service style: buffet, reception, plated meal, break, Charlie to Go delivery, or Student Catering pick-up
- Estimated number of guests
- Menu, including special dietary requests (i.e., allergies, kosher, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.)
- Bar Service requirements: full bar service or beer/wine. We will need one-month notice for license requests.
- See the liquor section of the Catering Policies page for specific information on bars.
- Room set-up (i.e. round tables, U-shape, conference, high cocktails, china service, etc). All tables are ordered through Facilities; we will be happy to assist.
- Event Enhancements: flowers, specialty linen, and specialty equipment.
*Any amount charged by Catering on the Charles (such as administrative, service, delivery, labor, or other charge or fee), unless expressly designated as a tip or gratuity, is not for the benefit of any employee(s) and is not a tip or gratuity. Charges or fees other than those designated as tips or gratuities are not distributed to employees except where expressly stated otherwise in writing.