- Do you have laptops to loan out?
- Yes, we loan laptops out for use with the projectors in classrooms. These are intended for short-term (less than a day) loans.
- Do you have projectors?
- Yes, we have two portable projectors available for loan, and adapters for old and new Mac computers.
- How do I make an equipment reservation?
- How do I dispose of old equipment?
- We provide environmentally responsible disposal of old equipment, including old toner cartridges, CPUs, monitors, and other peripherals. Just submit a help ticket with details on where the equipment is and we’ll arrange for a pick up.
- What kinds of equipment do you take?
- We dispose of any electronics, including monitors, computers, peripherals,etc. We also collect floppies and hard drives for media destruction
- Do you ever reuse old equipment?
- Yes, all of the time. In many cases, with a little rehab and a few new parts, many computers can be repurposed for general access computers for students or in some cases replacement of equipment in other departments that have older machines.
Crashplan backup service
CAS Information Technology provides desktop and laptop services to faculty and staff. There is a one time licensing charge of $78 that will allow you to backup the data on up to 4 devices, including smartphones and tablets (depending upon the models). For more information, either submit a help ticket or contact email@example.com.
Filemaker Database Hosting
CAS Information Technology provides Filemaker Database hosting. We currently host over 300 databases for various departments and we can host yours as well. Let us know if you have database hosting needs and we can work with you.
Here is the link for the Filemaker Databases on casfm.bu.edu:
Here is the link for the Filemaker Databases on casfm5.bu.edu:
Cumulus Image/Content hosting
Virtual Machine/Virtual Server hosting
Students enrolled in AS312, CS103, PY421 or select Economics classes using Stata 14 can be granted access to the CAS virtual desktop environment. By downloading and installing the VMware Horizon Client, the virtual machines are accessible from any computer connected to the BU network. Please refer to the documents below for detailed instructions.
The virtual desktop software can be downloaded here: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_clients/4_0
Download instructions for installing the Virtual Desktop:
Virtual Desktop Installation Instructions (Mac)
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is necessary for using the VDI off-campus. Download instructions for using VPN