Impactx2 Logo and Photo

Impact x2 Qais

Impactx2 Content

How can we work together to promote better cultural understanding worldwide?

Qais Akbar Omar (GRS’16), a graduate student in the Creative Writing Program, has published a much-praised memoir, A Fort of Nine Towers: An Afghan Family Story. He recalls how the violence and tumult of civil war jolted his family, who, despite losing relatives, their home, and possessions, continued to nurture his wish to attend a university.

Impactx2 Call to Action

With your help, students like Qais gain the skills they need to tell their story and give us a broader understanding of the world.

Will you support CAS?

Intra-University Transfer Guidelines

Guidelines for students planning to transfer into CAS

A completed IUT application with all necessary credentials must be on file in CAS Academic Advising (CSS Room 401) by the following deadlines:

  • August 1 to register in CAS for Fall Semester
  • December 1 to register in CAS for Spring Semester

Students considering a transfer to CAS are required to schedule an appointment with an advisor in CAS Advising at 100 Bay State Rd. Room 401.

Students admitted to CAS with a major will work with the department of their major to be assigned an academic advisor. Students admitted to CAS as undeclared students (prior to choosing a major) will be assigned an advisor in CAS Academic Advising.

Admission to the College of Arts & Sciences requires the following: a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average and at least one full-time semester with twelve or more credits in a degree program at your current school.

A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in academic coursework is required for graduation, as well as a minimum of 128 academic credits. Students who transfer into CAS are also responsible for fulfilling all specific requirements of the College of Arts & Sciences and of their major.

Procedures to apply for an Intra-University Transfer into CAS

  • Schedule an appointment with an advisor in CAS  Advising, 100 Bay State Rd. Room 401. (617-353-2400)  At this meeting, you will fill out an IUT application.
  • Submit your IUT application and complete a Program Change Form in CAS Academic Advising.