- 9:30 am on Friday, November 30, 2012
- The Castle, 225 Bay State Road
As of now, the program for the November 30th Iraq Workshop has solidified and features the following speakers who will present their papers, and a panel of other scholars and experts will comment and participate:
- Professor Haider Ala Hamoudi (University of Pittsburgh), “Thinking Beyond the Original Bargain: Post Ratification Constitution Making and the Case of Iraq."
- Mark Kukis (Doctoral candidate, Boston University), “The Probability of Insurgency amid the U.S. Presence in Iraq.”
- Professor ‘Abbas Kadhim (Naval Postgraduate School), “The Hawza and Its Role in Post-War Iraq.”
- Ms. Sara Abdullah, Esq. (JBM Legal LLC, Pittsburgh), “Women and Nationality under Iraqi Law and the Constitution."
The Institute for Iraqi Studies annual workshop provides an opportunity for BU faculty with an interest in contemporary Iraq to meet one another to discuss research interests and the possibilities for collaborative research. The workshop has in the past hosted scholars Dr. Shakir Abdulla, Prof. Tahir Albakaa, Prof Kecia Ali, Prof. Roger Owen, Prof. Betty Anderson, and Prof. A. Richard Norton, and many more.
To RSVP for the workshop, please contact Michael Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org