In accordance to Boston University guidelines SAEF will NOT be sponsoring any travel in the Fall semester. We will not be accepting travel requests for 2021 yet, please check back for updates on Spring 2021.
The Student Academic Enhancement Fund is designed to support undergraduate CAS students in the pursuit of academic interests, endeavors, and achievements outside of the classroom.
- Individual CAS students are eligible for funding once per BU career
- CAS student groups are eligible for funding once per academic year
- Awards range from $400-$600
- Requests should be submitted at least four weeks in advance
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Common uses of funds include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual conference fees
- Materials for academically related presentations, projects or events outside of the classroom
Funds may not be requested/used for:
- Participation in for-profit volunteer experiences
- Graduate/Professional school visits or interviews
- Semester long travel
- Direct contributions to fundraisers/charities
- Participation in study abroad programs
- Course materials such as books and supplies
- Events/research/travel over summer
- Events that are more appropriately funded through CAS Honors Research or UROP
Notes for travel requests:
- International group travel requires a graduate or professional chaperone
- BU does not encourage using personal vehicles for any student organization business or activity. If you do use a personal vehicle in such an instance, the vehicle owner’s insurance must provide coverage in the event of an accident.
- The primary driver must be 21 or older
- Individual or group international travel requires registration with BU Global Programs
Each request is evaluated by a team of Student Academic Life professionals in the College on a rolling basis. Please be sure to allow ample time between your funding request submission and the date on which you will need the funding. Funding requests submitted too close to the date of an event, conference, etc., are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
If your request is approved, the College will require the submission of a written description of:
1) How the funds were used 2) The benefits derived by use of the funds, as well as photos, when applicable. (Submission is required within two weeks of the event)
This application process is for undergraduate CAS students only. Apply for SAEF funding here.
Faculty may make course-related submissions to the CAS Academic Enhancement Fund here.
Questions should be directed to CAS OSPL Program Coordinator, Kierra Bowman: firstname.lastname@example.org.