Timothy A. Brown, Psy.D.
- Director of Research and Research Administration, Professor of Psychology
Professor of Psychology
- 648 Beacon Street
Dr. Brown received his Psy.D. from the Virginia Consortium for Professional Psychology. Dr. Brown teaches the first and second required multivariate statistics courses (Psych 711: multiple and logistic regression, survival analysis, multilevel models; Psych 712: statistical analysis with latent variables including structural equation and latent growth models). Dr. Brown is the Associate Editor of Journal of Abnormal Psychology, and is on several editorial boards including Psychological Assessment, Behaviour Research and Therapy, and Behavior Therapy.
Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Applied Research
- Statistical analysis and research methodology (e.g., clinical research applications of new latent variable analysis methods)
- Classification of anxiety and mood disorders, vulnerability/temperament/personality in the development, course, and treatment outcome of emotional disorders
- Experimental psychopathology research on anxiety/mood disorders
- Psychometric evaluation and test/interview development