The Child and Adolescent Treatment Program at the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders offers clinical services to young people experiencing difficulty with fears, anxiety, shyness, and other related disorders such as depression. We also offer specialty programs for preschool-aged children with disruptive behavior problems.
The program provides comprehensive evaluations and state-of-the-art cognitive-behavioral treatment for children and adolescents between the ages of 3 and 17. For certain child populations and disorders, the program provides behavioral parent training as well as live and interactive Internet-based services delivered directly to the home of families struggling with difficult preschoolers. For more information on the conditions we treat click here.
|Donna B. Pincus, Ph.D.
Director, Child and Adolescent Fear and Anxiety Treatment Program
Co-Director of Research, Child Program
David A. Langer, Ph.D.
|Jonathan S. Comer, Ph.D.
Director, Early Childhood Interventions Program
Jami M. Furr, Ph.D.
|Ovsanna Leyfer, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Conditions We Treat
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for children and adolescents
- Empirically supported treatment options for child and adolescent anxiety and mood disorders
- Information on anxiety and related disorders in children and adolescents
- The Child Anxiety Network
- Growing Up Brave: Expert strategies for helping your child overcome fear, stress, and anxiety, by Dr. Donna B. Pincus
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Family-based CBT for early childhood OCD
- Live parent coaching for parents struggling with young children with behavior problems, delivered in the clinic or directly to the family in their home via the Internet
- One Week Intensive Treatment Program for Adolescents with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia
- One Week Intensive Treatment Program for Children and Adolescents with Specific Phobias
- Selective Mutism One Week Intensive Group Program (Brave Bunch)
Staff Development Seminars Available
Clinicians in the Child and Adolescent Fear and Anxiety Treatment Program at CARD are available to provide staff development seminars in evidence-based interventions for anxious youth to interested school personnel or outpatient mental health care providers. These trainings can be tailored to meet the unique needs and interests of the attendees and are provided at an hourly rate of $250. Seminars can take place at the attendees’ school, treatment provision center, or at CARD. Feel free to contact Dr. David Langer at 617-353-9610 or email@example.com if you are interested in learning more.
Back in May of 2006, ABC’s Good Morning America featured Dr. Donna Pincus, Director of our Child and Adolescent Fear and Anxiety Treatment Program, treating an adolescent with panic disorder via the One-Week Intensive Treatment Program.