There are many reasons to give to the Class Gift. Here are just a few:
- You Choose: You can choose from dozens of funds when making your gift. These funds include your school or college, various scholarships, athletic programs, student life, the Community Service Center, and many more. And all of our donors are recognized and thanked on our annual donor rosters.
- Honor a Mentor: Seniors who donate at least $20.17 can honor an individual who has positively affected their BU experience. Honorees will receive a note card and small gift following Commencement, and your donation will still go to support the area of your choosing. Honor a Mentor donors are especially recognized on our annual donor rosters.
- Increase BU’s ranking in U.S. News & World Report: Did you know that donor participation has an effect on the rankings for top universities? The more people who give back to BU, the better it ranks, and the better you and your degree look.
- Make History: Wouldn’t it be great if your class held the record for highest Class Gift participation rate?
- Loyalty Society: Students interested in a long-term commitment to support BU can make a recurring annual pledge of $20.17 to the fund of their choice. These donors will be invited to join the BU Loyalty Society and, as a benefit of membership, will be invited to a reception at President Brown’s home in early May 2017. BU Loyalty Society members are also recognized on our annual donor rosters.