- I’ve never taken an online course. What are the technical requirements?
- Do I have to install any additional software?
- Do I need a printer?
- What if I don’t have access to a printer to print my certificate?
- Do I need audio speakers?
- Do I have to take an online course in one sitting?
- I am having trouble viewing the course material. Help!
Visit the Boston University Information Services & Technology website for a complete listing of Blackboard Learn technical requirements.
Important: Please disable your pop-up blocker for this site. The course utilizes pop-ups to pose questions to participants, also to provide links to resources and articles.
No. Many computers already have Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player installed. If your computer is several years old, you may need to download these software programs.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: This software if required to read selected PDF articles and resources included in the courses. To download, click here.
- Adobe Flash Player: This multimedia viewer is required to watch video commentary clips included in the courses. To download, click here.
Yes, you will need access to a printer to print your certificate(s) of completion.
Boston University CADER online courses are available via the Internet, and you can print your certificate from any computer with an Internet connection. You do not have to print the certificate from the same computer on which you completed the online course.
If you cannot access a computer with a printer, we are happy to send you a copy of your certificate. To order a printed certificate, please contact CADER by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (617) 358-2626.
Most Boston University CADER online courses contain audio clips and you will need speakers to listen to these clips. However, all audio clips have been transcribed and you can complete an online course without speakers.
Boston University CADER online courses do not have to be completed in one sitting. To be redirected to the last section you completed, Boston University CADER recommends you save your last page as a internet favorite page and then logout. Click on the internet favorite page when you are ready to login and you will be redirected to your last page.
If you are having difficulty viewing an Boston University CADER online course, please follow the recommendations below. If you have followed all of the troubleshooting tips and continue to have difficulty, please contact our Technical Support staff by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (617) 358-2634.
- Check to be sure that you are using Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0 to view the course. The learning management software used by CADER is certified to work with Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0 or Mac Safari 4.0 and 5.0. While our software is compatible with Netscape Browsers, we cannot guarantee the quality.
- Make sure your browser pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Turn off your computer and restart it. Return to BU CADER Homepage and attempt to view the course material again.
Some office computers that are part of larger network systems will not allow interactive access to online sites. In such a case, you may need to use a different computer.