Understanding Consumer Control, Person-Centered Planning, and Self-Direction
This course is designed to help workers more fully understand the definition and meaning of person- centered planning, consumer control, consumer choice, and consumer direction and the practice of this approach and philosophy. This course will also review historical developments of consumer control, legal mandates and provide scenarios throughout.
Cost of Online Course: $90
Number of CEUs: 3
Online Training Manager
- Describe the role of the counselor as it pertains to consumer control, choice, & direction.
- Explain how the counseling process is controlled by the consumer.
- Identify decision-making tools to use with consumers.
- Respect the diversity of consumers using cultural competency.
- Describe the importance of self–reflection in the options counseling process.
- Understand the history of the Independent Living Movement.
- A Guide to the Aging and Disability Networks
- Assessment with Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
- Core Issues in Aging and Disability
- Mental Health Training in Options Counseling