Consumer Control, Choice and Direction in Options Counseling
This course is designed to help options counselors understand consumer control, consumer choice, and consumer direction in a real-life context. While the factual information builds additional layers of understanding, the case examples, scenarios, exercises, and discussions are offered to show what consumer control, choice and direction means in practice, and specifically in the context of options counseling.
Cost of Online Course: $90
Number of CEUs: 3
Online Training Manager
- Describe the role of the counselor as it pertains to consumer control, choice, & direction.
- Explain how the counseling process is controlled by the consumer.
- Identify decision-making tools to use with consumers.
- Respect the diversity of consumers using cultural competency.
- Describe the importance of self–reflection in the options counseling process.
- Understand the history of the Independent Living Movement.
- A Guide to the Aging and Disability Networks
- Assessment with Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
- Core Issues in Aging and Disability
- Mental Health Training in Options Counseling