Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The Center for Aging and Disability Education in Research is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the following accrediting bodies. Licensed social workers must contact their individual state jurisdiction to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. It is up to the licensee to be sure that the content of the courses they take will meet the requirements of their board and that online courses are accepted. Your jurisdiction’s licensing/certification board always has the final say as to whether the continuing education courses you took will be approved.
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program (Provider #1121) thru 11/08/2017
The following 47 jurisdictions currently accept ASWB-ACE approval: Alabama, Alberta, Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Saskatchewan, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Commission for Case Manager CEU Approval Beginning 7/27/2015 thru 7/27/2017
The following online courses have been approved for CCM Board Certified Case Managers:
- Foundation in Ethics, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (3 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016553; Approval Number 150002476
- A Guide to the Aging and Disability Networks (4 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016585; Approval Number 150002508
- Aging in Place (4 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016556; Approval Number 150002479
- Assessment with Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities (4 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016586; Approval Number 150002509
- Care Management Practice (2 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016569; Approval Number 150002492
- Care Transitions (4 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016576; Approval Number 150002499
- Core Issues in Aging and Disability (5 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016584; Approval Number 150002507
- Interdisciplinary Care Teams (3 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00018735; Approval Number 150004656
- Legal Principles & Decision Making in Practice (3 CEUs)
- Activity Code H00016592; Approval Number 150002515
Upon completion of an online course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a CCM Board CEU Certificate.
Massachusetts Nursing Continuing Education Credit
CADER courses are consistent with the 244 CMR 5.00 requirements for continuing education for both registered and licensed practical nurses. It is the responsibility of each nurse to maintain an authenticated record of continuing education offerings completed and to submit evidence of the required number of contact hours for that specific registration period upon request of the board.
Massachusetts Physician Assistants Credits
CADER courses are consistent with the 263 CMR 3.05 (3) requirements for Category II continuing education hours for physician’s assistants. Each hour of CADER online training is equivalent to one hour of continuing education. It is the responsibility of each physician’s assistant to maintain a record of continuing education offerings completed and to submit evidence of the required number of contact hours for that specific registration period upon request of the board.
National Board of Certified Counselors (Provider #6378)