BUSM+ Medical Education Badge Program
BUSM+ Medical Education Digital Badge Program provides you with the opportunity to learn the fundamentals about teaching and learning that you may have missed in your professional career or now want to review to enhance your teaching. The online, asynchronous program is conveniently offered 24/7 in 10 sessions available in a flexible schedule and is designed for busy practicing and retired health care professionals who also teach other professionals, students, and patients. Take a session or sign up for a competency badge and join the BUSM+ learning community.
Two programs were offered in 2015 and we took 2016 to review all the results and feedback. BUSM+ Medical Education Digital Badge Program is now retired and a new digital badge program will replace it soon.
Do you have your badge yet?
Registration for the Digital Badge Program is now closed. Check back for the new 2017 schedule.
This activity has been approved for CME (AMA PRA) Category 1 Credit™
After completing the Teaching and Learning course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the learning behaviors of adult learners and select the educational technologies to meet their learning needs
- Apply interactive instructional strategies to lectures and presentations
- Facilitate small group case-based learning and clinical reasoning
- Follow suggested guidelines for point-of-care teaching
- Utilize best practices for online learning
- Provide effective learner feedback and advocate professional behaviors in multiple instructional environments
- Compose board-type multiple choice question items and assess clinical competencies