Courtney Walls, MPH
Courtney received her bachelor’s degree in Mathematics in the spring of 2006 from College of the Holy Cross and an MPH in biostatistics from Yale in 2008. She worked as a Biostatistician at Boston Children’s Hospital for nearly 4 years in the Clinical Research Program. Her work was predominantly with the Department of Adolescent Medicine examining sexual risk behaviors in adolescents, racial and ethnic disparities in weight related outcomes in adolescents, and cardiac function in adolescents with anorexia nervosa. Courtney is currently studying the prevalence of numerous disease indications in the US, Europe, and Asia with Decision Resources, Inc. Courtney was a varsity pole vaulter and tutor in college and enjoys volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity.
Courtney’s research interests include pediatric obesity and associated risk factors as well as possible interventions.
- Shrier LA, Walls C, Rhoads A, Blood EA. Individual and contextual predictors of severity of marijuana use among young frequent users. Addict Beh 2013 Jan;38(1):1448-56.
- Richmond TK, Walls CE, Subramanian SV. Association of adolescent socioeconomic position and adult height: variation across racial/ethnic groups. Econ Hum Biol 2012 July 22.
- Sunner LE, Walls C, Blood EA, Mehta CA, Shrier LA. Feasibility and utility of momentary sampling of sex events. J Sex Res 2012 July 24.
- Shrier LA, Walls CE, Kendall AD, Blood EA. Context of desire to use marijuana: momentary assessment of young people who frequently use marijuana. J Adol Health 2012 Mar; 50(3):264-70.
- Richmond TK, Walls CE, Austin SB. Sexual orientation and bias in self-reported BMI. Obesity 2012 Aug;20(8):1703-9.
- Richmond TK, Walls CE, Subramanian SV. Association of body mass index and externally perceived attractiveness across race/ethnicity, gender, and time. J Adol Health 2012 Jan; 50(1): 74-9.
- Gooding HC, Walls CE, Richmond TK. Food insecurity and BMI in young adult women. Obesity 2012 Sept;20(9):1896-901.
- Shrier LA, Feldman HA, Black SK, Walls C, Kendall AD, Lops C, Beardslee WR. Momentary affective states surrounding sexual intercourse in depressed adolescents and young adults. Arch Sex Behav 2012 Oct;41(5):1161-71.
- Richmond TK, Walls CE, Gooding H, Field A. Television viewing is not predictive of body mass index in black and Hispanic young adult females. Obesity 2010 May;18(5):1015-20.
- Shrier LA, Walls C, Lops C, Feldman HA. Correlates of incorrect condom use among depressed young women: an event-level analysis. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2011 Feb;24(1):10-4.
- DiVasta AD, Walls CE, Feldman HA, Quach AE, Woods ER, Gordon CM, Alexander ME. Malnutrition and hemodynamic status in adolescents hospitalized for anorexia nervosa. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2010 Aug;164(8):706-13.
- Applied Statistics in Clinical Trials II, Fall 2011
- Nutritional Epidemiology, Fall 2011
- Intermediate Epidemiology, Spring 2012
- Logistic Regression and Survival Analysis, Spring 2012
- Advanced Epidemiology, Fall 2012
- Design and Conduct of Cohort Studies, Fall 2012
- Design and Conduct of Case Control Studies, Fall 2012