Anna Modest, MPH
Entered BURPPE program September 2013
Anna graduated with her bachelor’s degree in Health: Science, Society and Policy from Brandeis University in 2008. From 2008 until mid-2011, she worked at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as a Research Assistant in the pediatric oncology survivorship program, looking at long term psychological outcomes of pediatric cancer survivors. During her time at DFCI, Anna earned her MPH in Epidemiology from Boston University, graduating in 2011. Since earning her MPH in 2011, Anna has been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, for the Program in Epidemiologic Research in the OB/GYN department. At BIDMC, Anna does epidemiologic research that spans all aspects of women’s health (pregnancy, reproductive and gynecologic health) and neonatal outcomes. She entered the doctoral program in the fall of 2013.
Anna’s primary research interests include pregnancy and neonatal outcomes.
- March MI, Hacker MR, Parson AW, Modest AM, deVeciana M. The effects of umbilical cord milking in extremely preterm infants: a randomized controlled trial. J Perinatol 2013 Jul 18 (epub ahead of print).
- Averbach S, Hacker MR, Yiu T, Modest AM, Dimitrakoff J, Ricciotti HA. Mycoplasma genitalium and preterm delivery at an urban community health center. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2013 Oct;123(1):54-7.
- Adelowo A, Hacker MR, Shapiro A, Merport Modest A, Elkadry EA. Botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX) for refractory myofascial pelvic pain. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 2013;19: 288-92.
- Schnettler W, March M, Hacker MR, Modest AM, Rodriguez D. Impaired sonographic cervical assessment after voiding: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2013 April;121(4):798-804.
- Scott J, Averbach S, Modest AM, Hacker MR, Cornish S, Spencer D, Murphy M, Parmar P. An assessment of gender inequitable norms and gender-based violence in South Sudan: a community-based participatory research approach. Conflict and Health 2013;7:4.
- Adams SR, Hacker MR, Merport Modest A, Rosenblatt PL, Elkadry EA. Informed consent for sacrocolpopexy: is counseling effective in achieving patient comprehension? Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 2012 Nov-Dec;18(6):352-6.
- Rana S, Hacker MR, Modest AM, Salahuddin S, Lim KH, Verlohren S, Perschel FH, Karumanchi SA. Circulating angiogenic factors and risk of adverse maternal and perinatal outcomes in twin pregnancies with suspected preeclampsia. Hypertension 2012;60:451-8.
- Merport A, Lemon S, Nyambose J, Prout MN. The use of cancer treatment summaries and care plans among Massachusetts physicians. Supportive Care Cancer 2012 Jul;20(7):1579-83.
- Merport A, Recklitis CJ. Does the Brief Symptom Inventory-18 case-rule apply in survivors of childhood cancer? Comparison with the Symptom Checklist-90. J Pediatr Psychol 2012 Jul;37(6):650-9.
- Merport A, Bober SL, Grose A, Recklitis CJ. Can the Distress Thermometer (DT) identify significant psychological distress in long-term cancer survivors? A comparison with the Brief Symptom Inventory-18 (BSI-18). Supportive Care Cancer 2012 Jan;20(1):195-8.