Anne Marie Darling, MS
Entered BURPPE program September 2012
Anne Marie Darling earned a BA from Hampshire College in 2005 with a self designed concentration in Public Health. For her thesis, she conducted field research on the age of menopause and its correlates in El Salvador. After graduating, she worked as a research assistant in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where she supported clinical trials of antimicrobials in cancer patients and HIV vaccines. She completed a Master’s of Science Degree in Epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health in 2009. Her master’s thesis focused on long term weight change and menstrual cycle disturbances. Since 2009, she has worked as a research coordinator in the Department of Global Health and Population at Harvard. In this role, she contributes to clinical trials examining the efficacy of nutritional interventions provided pregnant women in developing settings. She is also analyzing the impact of malaria and gestational diabetes on pregnancy outcomes as well as biomarkers of pre-term birth and small-for-gestational age status in a Tanzanian population.
Anne Marie is interested in studying the relationship between nutrition, infection, chronic diseases, and adverse perinatal outcomes.
- Darling AM, Liu E, Aboud S, Urassa W, Spiegelman D, Fawzi W. Maternal hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Manuscript in preparation.
- Makubi A, Okuma J, Spiegelman D, Hawkins C, Darling AM, Mugusi F, Chalamilla C, Fawzi W. Burden and determinants of severe anemia among HIV infected adults: results from a large urban HIV programme in Tanzania. Manuscript under submission.
- Darling AM, Rich-Edwards JW, Michels KB, Missmer SA, Chavarro JE. BMI and long term weight change in relation to adult menstrual cycle abnormalities. Manuscript in preparation.
- Darling AM, Chavarro JE, Malspeis S, Missmer SA. A prospective cohort study of Vitamins B, C, E, and multivitamin intake and endometriosis. Manuscript under submission.
- Borchelt AM, Conlisk E, Cremer M. Age at menopause in rural El Salvador. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2009 Oct;107(1):65-6.
- Hammond SP, Borchelt AM, Okumadu C, Ho VT, Baden LR, Marty FM. Hepatitis B virus reactivation following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15(9):1049-59.
- Ozel B, Borchelt AM, Cimino FM, Cremer M. Prevalence and risk factors for pelvic floor symptoms in women in rural El Salvador. Int Urogynecol J 18(9):1065-9.