Goals and Objectives
The objective of BURPPE is to provide pre-doctoral training in the content areas of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric epidemiology and in epidemiologic methods.
BURPPE trainees will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of theoretical and applied epidemiology and associated biostatistics
- Learn the basic biological processes of, and major clinical features of, pregnancy and/or childhood
- Contribute to a research project under the guidance of a program mentor
- Learn to write bio-medical manuscripts and grant proposals
- Develop professional skills
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct independent, original research
The long term goal of BURPPE is to expand the field of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric epidemiology through increased investigator-initiated research by solidly trained scientists and to ultimately reduce the population burden of reproductive and pediatric diseases.