Tagged: Isabel Wilkerson
This weekend, Pulitzer Prize winners and best-selling authors will convene here at BU for the Journalism Department‘s annual conference, The Power of Narrative: The Rebirth of Storytelling. There, some of the nation’s most celebrated writers will discuss the art and future of narrative nonfiction.
2011 speakers include:
- Jill Abramson, Managing Editor, The New York Times
- Kate Medina, Executive Editor, Random House
- Susan Orlean, Author, The Orchid Thief
- Hampton Sides, Author, Hellhound on His Trail
- Douglas Starr, Author, The Killer of Little Shepherds; Professor, College of Communication
- Gay Talese, Journalist & Author
- Isabel Wilkerson, Author, The Warmth of Other Suns; Professor, College of Communication
- And many more…
COM will host Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, noted author and BU Visiting Professor of Journalism Isabel Wilkerson to discuss her latest book The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration today at 4:30 PM at the Photonics Center. The event will be moderated by John Stauffer, Chairman of the American Civilization Program and Professor of English and African and African-American Studies at Harvard University, and will include a book reading, reception and book signing. The event is free and open to the public.