Tagged: Boston University commencement
Tyler Hicks (COM ’92), a BU alum and New York Times photographer who was held hostage in Libya for four days in March, was the speaker at the College of Communication’s (COM) convocation. He urged COM’s graduates to “bear witness.” Watch his address below:
Boston University’s 138th All-University Commencement will take place this Sunday, May 22, 2011. For a snapshot of the day’s coverage and ways to participate, check the sections below:
- For news on Commencement, speaker profiles and Commencement-related activities, visit BU Today’s Commencement 2011 News Coverage landing page.
- For a full schedule of school and college ceremonies, as well as visitor information, visit the official Commencement 2011 website.
- Watch the all-University Commencement live via webcast through the Commencement 2011 website, or listen locally on WBUR 90.9 FM.
- Like the Boston University Commencement Facebook Page to view photos from the big day and post well-wishes to the Class of 2011.
- If you have an iPhone or Android and plan to be on campus this Sunday, learn how to participate in the SCVNGR Social Check-in at Commencement.
- Read Public Relations’ official media advisory (PDF) for all information on parking, check-in and resources
- Learn more about the 2011 Boston University Commencement speakers and honorees
- Contact Tom Testa or Colin Riley with any questions.
Senior Yue Huang (COM’11) traveled from her home in Beijing to Boston University, and quickly learned that although she knew English, her American slang could use some work. She didn’t stop there — using her second language to learn her third (Spanish), and eventually her fourth (French). In Points of Departure, Huang talks about growing up in the newsroom, and how languages help her break down barriers to communicate as a journalist:
Visit Yue Huang’s BU Today feature.
Visit the Points of Departure landing page to hear more stories from BU seniors.
Check out the best part:
<object classid=”d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000″ width=”640″ height=”385″ codebase=”http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0″><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true” /><param name=”allowScriptAccess” value=”always” /><param name=”src” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/iah28AlxqdM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1” /><param name=”allowfullscreen” value=”true” /><embed type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” width=”450″ height=”385″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/iah28AlxqdM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1″></embed></object>