All Topics (February 24 through April 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- In Baccalaureate Address: John Howe (MED’69, Hon.’19) Puts Names to “Making a Difference” May 19, 2019At Marsh Chapel’s annual Baccalaureate service Sunday, speaker John Howe (MED’69, Hon.’19) focused on real-life children—Iqbal, He Jing Cheng, and Amir—their stories illustrating how the University empowers graduates to “make a difference in the world.” Howe, a BU trustee and former head of the international nonprofit Project HOPE, which provides medical care and training around […]
- BU’s Black Graduates Celebrate Community, Togetherness May 19, 2019When Facebook executive Anthony Harrison arrived on BU’s campus nearly 40 years ago as a first-generation college student from Queens, he found a group of lifelong friends. And he found community again in his career, whether it was the middle-aged woman who took him under her wing at work or the colleague who showed him […]
- See the Latest Commencement Photos and Messages on 2019’s Tagboard May 18, 2019View user-generated social media content posted by graduating students and their families throughout the weekend on Tagboard, using #BU2019. Photo by Cydney Scott
- Student Speaker to Reflect on Historic Moments Her Class Has Lived Through May 17, 2019“I want to talk about what a specific time in history my class has lived through, how we have found our voice amidst such a turbulent time, and instead of shying away from all of that, we have really leaned into it and grown from it.” —Adia Turner It’s not surprising that Adia Turner, this […]
- “Ask Jacky Chen.” BU Chinese Students Did, All the Time May 16, 2019“You can present your real self. We are all students of BU. You can be Bostonian and Chinese.” —Jacky Chen For the past four years, Chinese international students had a saying for how to get honest, unfiltered answers to questions about BU or Boston: Ask Jacky Chen. I want to get to know American students—is […]