All Topics (July 23 through September 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- BU President Responds to Charlottesville Violence August 17, 2017In the wake of last weekend’s violent demonstration by white nationalists in Charlottesville, Virginia, and in advance of a “free speech” rally planned for this Saturday on Boston Common, Robert A. Brown, president of Boston University, sent the statement below to the Boston University community on Thursday. Dear Members of the Boston University Community: As […]
- Solar Eclipse, Scientific Opportunity August 17, 2017On August 21, 2017, the US will play host to a rare natural phenomenon: a complete solar eclipse that will cut a swath from Oregon to South Carolina. And as people across the country clamor outside, eclipse glasses in hand, to see the remarkable sight of the moon blocking the sun, Joshua Semeter and his […]
- While You Were Gone August 16, 2017Most students—and many faculty—leave campus right after final exams or Commencement in May. But the summer months are a hub of activity at BU, filled with construction projects, summer labs and courses, special programs for elementary school, high school, and college students, freshman orientation sessions, and much more. We’ve put together a slideshow of photos […]
- Comm Ave Reopens Wednesday August 13, 2017Updated August 15 Beginning at 5 a.m. on Wednesday, August 16: Commonwealth Avenue between Packard’s Corner and Kenmore Square will reopen to through vehicular traffic. The Boston University (BU) Bridge will reopen to vehicular traffic. The MBTA Green Line B trolleys will resume normal operations, making all stops. The MBTA CT2 and 47 bus routes […]
- Comm Ave Closed to Traffic through Midweek August 11, 2017Updated August 12: MBTA Green Line B: Bus shuttles to replace trolleys through midweek. Commonwealth Avenue Bridge, BU Bridge closed to private vehicles until midweek. More information will be posted on Sunday. Phase one of the massive Commonwealth Avenue Bridge Replacement project that has shut down traffic on the thoroughfare as well as the MBTA […]