All Topics (April 14 through June 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Brown Named Academy of Inventors Fellow December 17, 2014Boston University President Robert A. Brown, who came to BU following a career as a prominent chemical engineer, has been named a Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors (NAI), the academy announced today. Brown is one of 170 new fellows in NAI and one of the total of 414 fellows currently representing more than […]
- Lunch Anyone? Finale December 17, 2014At Finale, dessert is the name of the game. The undisputed highlight of this Harvard Square restaurant, with its maroon-colored floors and custard-colored walls, is the dessert case at the front, which proudly shows off all the cakes, pies, tarts, and other treats that the bakery has become famous for. A burgundy counter nearby, at […]
- New Head of School for Boston University Academy December 17, 2014Ari Betof, a lifelong educator who currently leads the private New Garden Friends School in Greensboro, N.C., which includes preschool through grade 12, has been appointed the new head of school at Boston University Academy (BUA). Betof will assume the BU post on July 1. As the head of New Garden Friends School since 2013, […]
- From Boston to the World, a Doctor Battles Violence December 16, 2014Several years ago, Dr. Thea James noticed the tattoos on young people coming to the ER at Boston Medical Center (BMC)—things like “Born To Be Hated, Dying To Be Loved.” Investigating, she learned the tattoos often referred to lives plagued by violence, a revelation leading her to support (and today, direct) BMC’s Violence Intervention Advocacy […]
- New, Easier Way to Get Answers from HR December 16, 2014Have a question about vacation time or dental insurance? Need to check out how much vacation time you’ve accrued or how to enroll in the BU retirement plan? The new Human Resources Service Center, which opened earlier this month, can answer all those questions and more. Human resources promises the new center will deliver better, […]