All Topics (April 6 through June 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Oprah’s Favorite Things Feature CGS Student’s Design, Again December 5, 2016Landing on Oprah Winfrey’s Favorite Things list, the influential annual holiday gift guide famous for turning new products into Holy Grail items, is a big deal for any designer. But two years in a row—and for a college student to boot? That’s big. Emma Johnson (CGS’17), the bubbly founder and designer of Em John Jewelry, […]
- For Organist Justin Blackwell, Marsh Chapel Is Heaven December 5, 2016Marsh Chapel organist Justin Blackwell (CFA’09) is enamored of both his job and the majestic instrument he plays, day after day, enriching the experience of worshippers attending Sunday services as well as those tuning in to the live radio broadcasts of the services.
- New Test for Alzheimer’s Risk? December 5, 2016Two powerful tools for early Alzheimer’s detection may fit in the palm of your hand. In fact, according to new research based on data from the Framingham Heart Study, one of those tools is your hand. Doctors want to identify patients at risk for brain diseases like dementia and stroke early, before symptoms develop, with […]
- POV: Unregulated Stem Cell Clinics Pose Real Threat December 5, 2016This is the sobering landscape of the direct-to-consumer stem cell industry: hundreds of clinics that offer dubious stem cell treatments. Patients who pay tens of thousands of dollars to receive such treatments with little to no benefit. Regulatory agencies that seem unable to rein in the propagation of stem cell clinics. It is not getting […]
- BU’s Newest Club Sport: Women’s Hockey December 2, 2016During its first two seasons, the BU women’s club hockey team made quite an impression. Since beginning in 2014, it’s gone 31-6-2 and won back-to-back Independent Women’s Club Hockey League (IWCHL) championships. Last spring, the team got more good news: the University had decided to sanction the club, making it the newest officially recognized club […]