All Topics (April 4 through June 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Police Killings of Unarmed Black Men Affect Mental Health of Black Community June 25, 2018Most people are aware of the fact that black Americans are nearly three times more likely to be killed by police than their white counterparts, and that the figure is even larger between black and white Americans if they are unarmed. But what has not been known is that these deaths are also harming the […]
- BU Awards Scholarships to Boston Public High School Grads June 25, 2018For many high school seniors, college is a chance to set out far from home. But Melissa Alvarado chose to stay in her hometown and attend BU, in large part because the University enabled her to be the first in her family to attend college, courtesy of a Community Service Award. Under the decade-old program, […]
- Jamaica Pond: A Jewel in the Emerald Necklace June 25, 2018For a spur-of-the-moment day in the country, just minutes from BU by bike or car, you can’t do better than Jamaica Pond, one of the brightest jewels in Boston’s meandering park system known as the Emerald Necklace. The pond offers enough diversions to pass a long summer day, with no crowds to battle. Stroll, row, […]
- How Did You Score on Our Jurassic Trivia Quiz? June 22, 2018Summer is blockbuster time. Now up: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, hitting thousands of screens across the country today. Stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard reprise their roles from the 2015 megahit Jurassic World. We posted a trivia contest on our site this morning to give the rabid Jurassic fans among us a chance to […]
- What Does Trump’s Immigration Order Mean? June 22, 2018Bowing to political pressure following a growing public outcry, President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday reversing a policy that separates parents and children at the US-Mexico border. It was a rare about-face for Trump, who met with mounting condemnation from human rights activists and members of his own party. But Trump said his […]