All Topics (February 24 through April 30)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Record Gift Renames SMG Questrom School of Business March 30, 2015Boston University trustee Allen Questrom (Questrom’64), retired chief executive officer of several of the nation’s largest department and specialty stores, and his wife, Kelli, have given Boston University $50 million, the largest gift in University history, through their Allen and Kelli Questrom Foundation. The gift, announced Monday by President Robert A. Brown, includes $10 million […]
- Icemen Head to Frozen Four March 30, 2015After bulldogging their way through the NCAA Northeast Regional, the Boston University men’s ice hockey Terriers are heading back to TD Garden. This time, it’s for a chance at the national title. The Terriers became the first team to punch a ticket to this year’s Frozen Four thanks to a power-play goal by Evan Rodrigues […]
- The Imitation Game’s Long Road to Acclaim March 30, 2015Few films have received the kind of acclaim given to The Imitation Game. The biopic about Alan Turing—the gay British mathematician largely credited with cracking the Nazis’ secret Enigma code, used to foil the Allies during World War II—got rave reviews and eight Oscar nominations and has grossed more than $90 million at the box […]
- Bible 101 for Children March 30, 2015The sibling trio clustered on the basement floor with Jaimie Dingus had just read the parable of that most ungrateful child, the Prodigal Son. Dingus (CAS’17) teaches Marsh Chapel’s Sunday religious education program for kids of the adult worshippers in the chapel upstairs, and she wanted to tease out the story’s moral. How do you […]
- YouSpeak: Deciding the Fate of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev March 30, 2015Jury members at the Marathon bombing trial will be tasked with deciding whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be sentenced to life in prison or to death if he is found guilty. This week’s "YouSpeak” asks BU students to weigh in on which punishment he should get.