All Topics (January 22 through March 31)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Brunch Bets: Gen Sou En Tea House April 26, 2018With a Starbucks, Caffè Nero, or Dunkin Donuts’ seemingly on every street corner in Boston, there is no shortage of coffee in—yes, Beantown. But when it comes to tea, the options are more limited. So tea enthusiasts, fans of Japanese green tea in particular, were glad to hear that modern Japanese teahouse Gen Sou En was […]
- Scenes of Faraway Places April 26, 2018Nearly 800 photos were submitted for the sixth annual BU Global Programs photo contest Photos were taken in 70 countries, among them Cuba, Australia, China, and Morocco Winners received GoPro and Polaroid cameras Nearly 800 photographs chronicling the travels of BU students, faculty, and staff to locales ranging from the Swiss Alps to the Sahara […]
- Louis Chude-Sokei Wants African American Studies Program to Be a Central Place April 26, 2018Think of African American studies and robots probably aren’t the first thing that comes to mind. But the new director of BU’s African American Studies Program points out that the way we think about robots and artificial intelligence today is the same way white people once thought about black people. In fact, he says, the word […]
- Active Shooter Drill on Medical Campus Today April 25, 2018Boston University’s Emergency Management office will conduct an active shooter emergency preparedness drill today, Wednesday, April 25, beginning at 11:50 am in the School of Medicine Instructional Building Alumni Medical Library, 72 East Concord St., 12th floor. The drill is expected to last approximately 25 minutes. Exercises like today’s are designed to test the University’s active […]
- The Most Interesting Man in the World April 25, 2018Jonathan Goldsmith no longer plays the Most Interesting Man in the World on screen, but he still carries himself with the charisma and self-assurance earned through a life of adventure and misadventure, of superstar highs and desolate lows. While Goldsmith (CGS’58) has never rescued a bear from a steel trap like his famous persona from […]