All Topics (January 4 through March 31)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Menino’s Time at BU: Cut Short, but Indelible October 30, 2014Former Mayor Thomas Menino’s time at Boston University was short, but he leaves an indelible impression with his fellow faculty, students, and staff. Signing on last February to co-direct the Initiative on Cities, Menino (Hon.’01) spoke often about the shock of shifting gears from the around-the-clock responsibilities and trials of running a city to the […]
- BU Mourns Loss of Former Mayor Menino (Hon.’01) October 30, 2014Thomas Menino (Hon.'01), mayor of Boston from 1993 to 2014, died Thursday morning at Brigham and Women’s Hospital a week after announcing his decision to stop treatment for the cancer that he’d been battling for almost a year.
- Can’t-Miss Haunted Happenings October 30, 2014This year, Americans are expected to spend a whopping $7.4 billion on Halloween: candy, costumes, and decorations. Confectionary sales alone are expected to top $2.5 billion dollars. The only thing sweeter than all that candy is our list of frightfully fun (and mostly free) haunted happenings taking place on and off campus this weekend. We’ve […]
- Alcohol Enforcement Patrol Stats 2014 October 30, 2014With the new semester, BU has resumed its campaign against alcohol abuse, bolstering police patrols of known party neighborhoods, citing students for public intoxication, dispersing loud parties—and crucially, publicizing statistics on booze-control efforts by University, Boston, and Brookline police. The graphic above shows last weekend’s enforcement statis […]
- Questions, Answers for Students, Staff During a Strike October 30, 2014If the deadline for an agreement between the Service Employees International Union, representing BU’s more than 700 custodial, maintenance, skilled trade, and mail employees, and the University is not reached by the deadline of midnight Friday, October 31, the workers have voted to strike. University officials have answered some frequently asked questions of […]