All Topics (November 16 through January 31)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Cinemathèque Screens Documentary about NYC Police Whistle-blowers Friday November 16, 2018Filmmaker Stephen Maing doesn’t shy away from conflict. The Emmy-nominated Maing (COM’97) has earned a reputation for documentaries that focus on people who challenge the status quo. Filmed over five years, his first feature documentary, High Tech, Low Life (2013), chronicled two of China’s first citizen-journalists who reported on censored news throughout their country. His next, The Surrender (2015), […]
- Win Free Tickets to Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald November 16, 2018After a two-year hiatus, this weekend moviegoers can once again be transported to J. K. Rowling’s Wizarding World with the arrival of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. A sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016), it’s the second of what’s expected to be a five-film Fantastic Beast franchise, a prequel to […]
- Athleticism and Artistry Hallmark of BU Figure Skating Club November 15, 2018“Magic,” “exhilaration,” “empowerment,” “happy place”—these are some words BU Figure Skating Club athletes use to describe how they feel about a sport that combines strength, athleticism, and artistic expression. As they’ll tell you, doing jumps and multiple revolutions, then landing on one foot on a half-inch blade is special, but you’ll see in our video […]
- New Insights into Airbnb November 15, 2018When was the last time your hotel put fresh-picked strawberries and some cream in your room fridge to help get you through a busy day exploring? Ahh, right, never. But it’s precisely that sort of small personal touch that’s a big reason why Airbnb is starting to take a bigger bite out of the hotel […]
- Jorge Delva New Leader of BU Center for Innovation in Social Work & Health November 15, 2018At a reception Tuesday at the regal Dahod Family Alumni Center—its fireplace warmly blazing, the 50 guests enjoying hors d’oeuvres—Jean Morrison, University provost, announced the appointment of Jorge Delva as director of the BU Center for Innovation in Social Work & Health (CISWH). Delva has been the dean of the School of Social Work since January. As […]