2020 Fulbright Grantees
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed research or arts projects, graduate degree programs, or for English Teaching Assistantships in participating countries outside the United States. The program strives to facilitate “cultural exchange through direct interaction on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in routine tasks.” Over the past twelve years, Boston University students have seen much success with the Fulbright Program, with more than 80 students engaging in research, graduate study, creative arts project, and teaching across many of the 140+ Fulbright partner countries.
For the 2020 Fulbright cycle, Boston University saw a record 55 applications from seniors and graduate students. Applicants showed interest in a range of projects and countries and invested a great deal of time over the summer and early fall refining their applications for submission.
We want to congratulate these 10 Grantees:*
- Yadira Flores, ETA Award, Spain, CAS
- Jessica Garber, Study/Research Award, Taiwan, GRS
- Theresa Ginter, ETA Award, Taiwan, CAS/Pardee
- Sabrina Huang, ETA Award, Taiwan, CAS
- Elias Kastritis, ETA Award, Germany, CAS
- Margaret Minnig, Study/Research Award, Germany, MED
- Hye Won Nam, ETA Award, South Korea, CAS
- Ginger Slentz, ETA Award, Malaysia, CAS
- Rebeca Strong Garcia, ETA Award, Czech Republic, CFA
- Grace Yoon, Study/Research Award, Taiwan, SPH
*The linked biographies provided above were written with the permission of the Grantee.