ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford aims to prepare a new generation of leaders with a deep academic foundation and the skills to develop creative solutions to effect positive change in the world. The world needs leaders in government, business, and nonprofits who can creatively address society’s thorniest problems. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program will empower an exceptional cohort of graduate students to effect large-scale positive impact across the globe. Scholars may pursue their graduate education in any of Stanford’s graduate programs with financial support for the full cost of attendance.
- Graduating seniors or alumni who have graduate within the last four years
- Open to all citizens, nationalities, backgrounds
- Applying to enroll in any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- Independence of Thought
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
- Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego
See the detailed application instructions here.
Knight-Hennessy does not require institutional endorsement. However, we encourage applicants to begin working with BU’s Knight-Hennessy institutional representative, Jeff Berg, as early as possible for support and guidance.
Don’t forget that you still will need to apply separately to the specific Stanford graduate degree program that you want to pursue in the fall of next year. The deadline for your graduate degree program depends on the specific program.