Trusts Act of 1882
(amended through 2000)
The Trusts Act of 1882 provides for the registration of a microcredit organization in Bangladesh in addition to the other acts mentioned under the Microcredit Regulatory Authority Act of 2006.
The act is organized as follows:
- Chapter I Preliminary;
- Chapter II Of the Creation of Trusts;
- Chapter III Of the Duties and Liabilities of Trustees;
- Chapter IV Of the Rights and Powers of Trustees;
- Chapter V Of the Disabilities of Trustees;
- Chapter VI Of the Rights and Liabilities of the Beneficiary;
- Chapter VII Of Vacating the Office of Trustee;
- Chapter VIII Of the Extinction of Trusts; and
- Chapter IX Of Certain Obligations in the Nature of Trusts.