From American Banker April 18, 2014 TBTF Feedback: "Too big to fail" is fading in...
Societies Registration Act No. 21
(enacted in 1860)
The Societies Registration Act provides for the registration of literary, scientific and charitable societies in India. Microfinance NGOs in India register as either societies, trusts or Section 25 companies.
This act is organized as follows:
- Section 1 Societies formed by memorandum of association and registration;
- Section 2 Memorandum of association;
- Section 3 Registration and fees;
- Section 4 Annual list of managing body to be filed; and
- Section 5 Property of society how vested.