From Boston Herald By Jordan Graham November 5, 2013 Bitcoin — the digital currency produced...
SACCO Societies (Deposit-Taking SACCO Business) Regulations
(enacted in 2010)
The SACCO Societies (Deposit-Taking SACCO Business) Regulations of 2010, issued by the Minister for Co-operative Development and Marketing, provide minimum operational regulations and prudential standards for deposit-taking SACCOs in Kenya. The regulations include various prudential, operational, and reporting requirements.
The regulations include the following sections:
- Part I Preliminary;
- Part II Licensing;
- Part III Capital Adequacy;
- Part IV Liquidity and Asset Liability Management;
- Part V Shares, Savings and Deposits;
- Part VI Credit Management;
- Part VII Risk Classification of Assets and Provisioning;
- Part VIII Investments;
- Part IX Financial Performance Reporting;
- Part X Governance of SACCO Societies;
- Part XI Regulation and Supervision;
- Part XII Information Preservation and Business Continuity;
- Part XIII Deposit Guarantee Fund; and
- Part XIV Miscellaneous Provisions.