Restrictive Trade Practices, Monopolies and Price Control Act
(enacted in 1989)
The Restrictive Trade Practices, Monopolies and Price Control Act of 1989 is administered by the Monopolies and Prices Commissioner at the Kenyan Ministry of Finance, which is responsible for curtailing abusive business practices.
The act is organized as follows:
- Part I Preliminary;
- Part II Provisions Related to Restrictive Trade Practices;
- Part III Control of Monopolies and Concentrations of Economic Power;
- Part IV Provisions Relating to the Control and Display of Prices;
- Part V Establishment of the Restrictive Trade Practices Tribunal; and
- Part VI Miscellaneous Provisions.