From American Banker April 18, 2014 TBTF Feedback: "Too big to fail" is fading in...
Regulation No. 6 on Reserve Requirements
(enacted in 2002)
Regulation No. 6 on Reserve Requirements addresses the maintenance of reserves by financial institutions in Romania.
The articles of this regulation are categorized under various chapters, providing information on:
- General provisions: outlining scope and definitions of specific terms used in the regulation;
- Required reserve base: currencies in which reserves are to be maintained, required reserve ratios, processes for reporting and checking required reserves;
- Remuneration banks maintaining such reserves are to receive from the National Bank of Romania;
- Penalties that are to be charged, and actions that are to be taken, for non-adherence to provisions of the regulation; and
- Transitory provisions that would come into force under special circumstances such as in cases of bank restructuring.