From The Washington PostBy Cornel Ban and Kevin GallagherDecember 17, 2014 Cornel Ban...
Registration of Associations Rules
(enacted in 1978)
The Registration of Associations Rules of 1978 provide the application and renewal requirements for registration as an association in Nepal. This is an unofficial version of these rules. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are subject to these rules.
These rules consist of the following parts:
- The history of the ‘Registration of Associations Rules’ (Rules);
- The short title and commencement of the Rules;
- The definition of various terms used in the Rules;
- The necessity of filing an application in order to apply for registration as an association;
- The inquiries that the local authorities conduct before registration of the association;
- The registration certificate; and
- The term, renewal and fee of registration.