From Cognoscenti By Mark T. Williams December 5, 2013 Bitcoin is not a futuristic currency...
Prevention of Organized Crime Act No. 101 of 1998
(amended through 2001)
The Prevention of Organized Crime Act No. 101 of 1998 deals with organized crime in South Africa, and includes provisions related to the criminalization of money laundering while imposing certain reporting requirements.
The act is organized as follows:
- Chapter 1 Definitions and Interpretation;
- Chapter 2 Offences Relating to Racketeering Activities;
- Chapter 3 Offences Relating to Proceeds of Unlawful Activities;
- Chapter 4 Offences Relating to Criminal Gang Activities;
- Chapter 5 Proceeds of Unlawful Activities;
- Chapter 6 Civil Recovery of Property;
- Chapter 7 Criminal Assets Recovery Account; and
- Chapter 8 General Provisions.