From American Banker April 18, 2014 TBTF Feedback: "Too big to fail" is fading in...
Philippines Cooperative Code No. 9520
(enacted in 2008)
Philippines Cooperative Code No. 9520 of 2008 fosters the creation and growth of cooperatives in the Philippines.
The code is divided into sections and outlines the following:
- General Concepts and Principles;
- Organization and Registration;
- Responsibilities, rights and privileges or cooperatives;
- Capital, property and funds;
- Audit, inquiry and members’ right to examine;
- Allocation and distribution of net surplus;
- Agrarian reform cooperatives;
- Cooperative banks;
- Insurance cooperative;
- Public service cooperatives;
- Credit cooperatives;
- Financial service cooperatives; and
- Electric cooperatives.