From MarketWatch By Robert Powell December 14, 2013 Larry Kotlikoff, a professor at Boston University...
Nonprofit Organizations Act No. 71
(enacted in 1997)
The Nonprofit Organizations Act No. 71 regulates nonprofit organizations, an institutional form taken by some microfinance providers, in South Africa.
This act is organized as follows:
- Chapter 1 Interpretation and Objects of Act;
- Chapter 2 Creation of an Enabling Environment;
- Chapter 3 Registration of Non-profit Organizations;
- Chapter 4 Regulations; and
- Chapter 5 General Provisions.
The Amendment Act No. 17 enacted in 2000 amends this act and can be found under “Related Amendments.”