From The Washington PostBy Cornel Ban and Kevin GallagherDecember 17, 2014 Cornel Ban...
Meghalaya Cooperative Societies Act No. 1 of 1950
(amended through 1976)
The Meghalaya Cooperative Societies Act No. 1 of 1950 provides an example of a cooperative societies act from an Indian State. Each state in India typically has its own cooperative societies act.
This Act is organized as follows:
- Chapter I Preliminary;
- Chapter II Registration of Societies;
- Chapter III Rights and Liabilities of Members of Registered Societies;
- Chapter IV Management;
- Chapter V Duties of Registered Society;
- Chapter VI Privileges of Registered Society;
- Chapter VII Property and Funds of Registered Society;
- Chapter VIII Audit;
- Chapter IX Inquiry and Inspection;
- Chapter X Settlement of Disputes;
- Chapter XI Dissolution of Society;
- Chapter XII Recovery of Sums Due and Enforcement of Obligations;
- Chapter XIII Penalty;
- Chapter XIV Jurisdiction; and
- Chapter XV Miscellaneous.