From Propaganda Pre$$ Monitor Posted by Rocker at 3:06 AM September 9, 2014 "Here’s one...
Master Circular on Branch Authorization
(enacted in 2009)
Master Circular on Branch Authorization (DBOD.No.BL.BC.20/22.01.001/2009-10), consolidates instructions and guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India to banks on branch authorization until June 30, 2009.
This circular is organized as follows:
- Section 1 Introduction;
- Section 2 Definition
- Section 3 Branch Authorisation Policy;
- Section 4 Procedure for Application;
- Section 5 Validity of Authorisations;
- Section 6 Opening of Branches;
- Section 7 Setting Up of Off Site ATMs – General Permission;
- Section 8 Substitution of Centres;
- Section 9 Setting up of Central Processing Centres/Back Offices;
- Section 10 Call Centres;
- Section 11 Business Facilitators/Business Correspondent Model;
- Section 12 Doorstep Banking;
- Section 13 Shifting of Branches;
- Section 14 Conversion of Branches;
- Section 15 Merger of Branches;
- Section 16 Closure of Branches;
- Section 17 Acquisition of Premises;
- Section 18 Population Group Wise Classification of Centres;
- Section 19 Reporting to Reserve Bank of India; and
- Section 20 Foreign Banks.
This Master Circular consolidates 49 circulars (see attached for further details).