Law on the Central Bank of Armenia of 1996
(amended through 2007)
The Law on the Central Bank of Armenia concerns the establishment and operation of the Central Bank of Armenia. It states that the primary objective of the Central Bank shall be to ensure stability of prices in Armenia. To attain its primary objective, the Central Bank shall formulate, develop, approve and implement monetary policy programs.
This law covers the following topics:
- Financial provisions for the Central Bank;
- Organization and management of the Central Bank;
- Central Bank relations with state bodies of Armenia;
- Central Bank relations with banks and other entities;
- Inspections, supervision and examinations carried out by the Central Bank;
- Currency of Armenia;
- Foreign exchange regulation, control and operations; and
- International reserves.