From American Banker April 18, 2014 TBTF Feedback: "Too big to fail" is fading in...
Law on the Banking Agency of the Republic Srpska of 1998
(enacted in 2003)
The Law on the Banking Agency of the Republic Srpska of 1998 establishes the Banking Agency of the Republic Srpska, whose purpose is to maintain a healthy and stable banking system in the Republic Srpska.
The law is structured in twelve points as follows:
The first four points of the law deal with:
- The objective and establishment of the agency;
- The duties of the agency;
- Immunity of agency leadership; and
- International cooperation.
Points 5 and 6 highlight:
- The organizational structure of the agency;
- Management and composition of the board of the agency;
- Responsibilities of the board of the agency;
- The role of the agency director; and
- Confidentiality issues.
Points 7, 8 and 9 discuss:
- The agency statute;
- Financing issues; and
- Reporting requirements of banks.
The remaining points deal with the reporting, auditing structure and the implementation of the above provisions.