From Business Insider By Linette Lopez February 27, 2014 Yesterday, Max Baucus (D-MT) and Dave Camp (R-MI)...
Law on Nongovernmental Organizations (Law No. 84 of 2002)
(enacted in 2002)
The Law on Nongovernmental Organizations (Law No. 84 of 2002) establishes rules regarding registration and operation of associations and NGOs in Egypt.
The law regulates:
- Associations, focusing on:
- Purposes, rights and obligations;
- Public Welfare Associations;
- Non-governmental organizations;
- Activity specific and regional federations; and
- The Assistance Fund for Associations.
The law concludes with a section on penalties that will be applicable to individuals or organizations breaking the law.