Law on Joint Stock Companies
(enacted in 2001)
The Law on Joint Stock Companies outlines the legal status of joint stock companies, the procedures for their creation, operation, and termination, the rights and responsibilities of shareholders, as well as the protection of the rights and lawful interests of shareholders and creditors in Armenia.
Joint stock companies are one of the permissible corporate forms for credit organizations.
This law is organized as follows:
- Chapter I General Provisions;
- Chapter II Company Creation, Reorganization, and Liquidation;
- Chapter III Company Equity,Company Shares and other Securities, and Company Net Assets;
- Chapter IV Allocation of Company Shares and Other Securities;
- Chapter V Company Dividends;
- Chapter VI Company’s Shareholder Registry;
- Chapter VII Acquisition and Buyback of Outstanding Company Shares by the Company;
- Chapter VIII Large Transactions; and
- Chapter IX Interests in Company Transactions.