Law No. 60 of 1997 on Banks and Banking Activities in the Kyrgyz Republic
(amended through 2009)
Law No. 60 of 1997 on Banks and Banking Activities in the Kyrgyz Republic regulates the activities of universal and specialized commercial banks, and specialized financial institutions like credit unions, finance and credit organizations.
This law discusses the following:
- General provisions;
- Formation of banks in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Bank management;
- Implementation of banking activities;
- Bank supervision and standards;
- Consolidated supervision of groups of banks;
- Bank’s relationship with clients; and
- Accounting and reporting in banks.