From Boston Herald By Jordan Graham November 5, 2013 Bitcoin — the digital currency produced...
Law No. 312 on Statute of the National Bank of Romania
(enacted in 2004)
Law No. 312 on Statute of the National Bank of Romania governs the responsibilities, governance, and operations of the National Bank of Romania (NBR).
This law is organized as follows:
- Chapter I General provisions;
- Chapter II Monetary policy, exchange rate policy, and foreign exchange regime;
- Chapter III Currency issue;
- Chapter IV Operations with credit institutions:
- Lending to credit institutions;
- Lending terms and costs;
- Accounts opened with the NBR;
- Payment systems clearing, depository, and settlement and payment services; and
- Prevention and containment of risks;
- Chapter V Prudential supervision of credit institutions:
- Regulation, authorization and prudential supervision of credit institutions; and
- Protection against system risk;
- Chapter VI Operations on the account of the State;
- Chapter VII Gold and foreign assets operations;
- Chapter VIII Management and administration;
- Chapter IX Annual financial statements and accounting records; and
- Chapter X Final provisions.